Job security matters: A systematic review and meta-analysis of the relationship between job security and work attitudes
This article synthesizes public and private sector accumulated research regarding the relationship between job security and employee work attitudes (i.e., job satisfaction and organizational commitment). The present meta-analysis of 37 studies (including 45 independent samples) shows that the medium-sized associations between job security and each work attitude variables (i.e., job satisfaction and organizational commitment) were found, with true score correlations (ρ) of .327 for job satisfaction, and .253 for organizational commitment. These results highlight the significance of job security at the workplace, in shaping and enhancing attitudes of employee and job security is worth retaining in some form in the public sector, contrary to the logic of at-will employment. This meta-analysis findings also call attention to several important considerations for developing effective public job security policy.
|Year of publication||Mar, 2019|
|Journal||Journal of Management & Organization|
|Website / Document||Visit|
- European Unemployment Insurance? 2019. G. Schmid.
- Working conditions in a global perspective, 2019. M. Aleksynska, J. Berg, D. Foden, H. Johnston, A. Parent-Thirion, J. Vanderleyden.
- Should digital labour platforms be treated as private employment agencies? 2019. V. De Stefano, M. Wouters.
- The working poor - or how a job is no guarantee of decent living conditions, 2019. R. Gammarano.
- Technology scenario: Employment implications of radical automation, 2019. R. Lewney, E. Alexandri, D. Storrie.
- Employability van flexibele en vaste werknemers in Nederland, 2019. W. Smits, J. de Vries.
- Sociale zekerheid en controle op detacheringen binnen de EU. Nieuwe wending in de rol van de detacheringsverklaringen bij fraude, 2019. H. Verschueren.
- De wetgever en payrolling: waar staan we nu? 2019. A. Briejer.
- Kroniek Wet Werk en Zekerheid 2018, 2019. A. Hiebendaal.
- Factsheet Parttime werk in de bijstand, 2019. Divosa.