The Rise of the European Self-employed Workforce
This book focuses on the phenomenon of ‘freelance workers’, and particularly of knowledge workers, not just as another segment within the global workforce, but as an emerging category striving to construct its own identity.
Far from limiting his analysis to the realm of the economy, Bologna investigates the difference between employees and freelancers also in terms of their existential experiences and of their social relationships, both in the public and private sphere. On this basis, Bologna argues that the development of a shared identity among freelancers can function as the first step to establishing a network of cooperation and solidarity, all the way to the creation of a union of freelance workers. Himself a freelance worker, Sergio Bologna offers the reader a powerful and passionate argument for political and existential change in the 21st century.
|Year of publication||2018|
|Publisher||Mimesis International, Milano|
|Website / Document||Visit|
- Designing flexible work practices for job satisfaction: the relation between job characteristics and work disaggregation in different types of work arrangements, 2019. P. Neirotti, E. Raguseo, L. Gastaldi.
- Photographs of young generations on the Dutch labour market, 2019. S. Bekker, I.A. van Deurzen.
- In-work poverty in Europe: a study of national policies, 2019. R. Peña-Casas, D. Ghailani, S. Spasova, B. Vanhercke.
- Exploring the Ingredients of Success: Studying Trajectories of the Vulnerable Unemployed Who Have Entered Work or Education in Denmark, 2019. S. Danneris, D. Caswell.
- In the name of competitiveness: a discursive institutionalist analysis of the EU’s approach to labour market structural reform, 2007–2016, 2019. J. Miró.
- Monitor Arbeidsmarkt april 2019, 2019. Ministerie van SZW.
- Karakteristieken en tarieven zzp’ers – gevolgen voor de kwalificatievraag, 2019. G.C. Boot.
- Private arbeidsintegratie: evaluatie van het Philips Werkgelegenheidsplan, 2019. R. Peijen, T. Wilthagen, R. Muffels, R. Dekker.
- Arbeidsmarktprognose 2019-2020, 2019. UWV.
- Transitiefunctie in het arbeidsrecht en werkloosheidsrecht, 2019. G.R. Oldenhuis.