Behavioural study on the effects of an extension of access to social protection for people in all forms of employment
The perception of the growth and policy relevance of Non-Standard Work (NSW) can be gauged by the exponential growth of the literature dealing with this topic in the past years. NSW has increased in political and societal relevance ever since the second half of the 1990s. National and international level policy makers have liberalised labour markets, reduced passive labour market policies (unemployment benefits) and increased Active Labour Market Policies (ALMPs) aiming at providing employers more flexibility and integrating more people into the labour market. As a result, the literature on the effects of labour market and welfare state institutions on the prevalence of NSW has burgeoned.
Since 2015, the emergence of the new forms of work offered by online labour platforms is fuelling the debate on social protection of precarious workers and ‘bogus self-employment’. This study gathers evidence in support of the European Commission initiative aiming at providing adequate social protection regardless the type of employment contract.
|Author(s)||C. Codagnone, F. Lupiáñez-Villanueva, P. Tornese, G. Gaskell, G. Veltri, J. Vila, Y. Franco, S. Vitiello, A. Theben, P. Ortoleva, V. Cirillo, M. Fana|
|Year of publication||Mar, 2018|
|Publisher||European Commission, Brussels|
|Website / Document||Visit|
- Youth Labor in Transition. Inequalities, Mobility, and Policies in Europe, 2019. J. O'Reilly, J. Leschke, R. Ortlieb, M. Seeleib-Kaiser, P. Villa (Eds.).
- Balancing flexibility and security in Europe? The impact of unemployment on young peoples’ subjective well-being, 2019. H. Russell, J. Leschke, M. Smith.
- Youth unemployment and employment trajectories in Spain during the Great Recession: what are the determinants? 2019. J.M. Verd, O. Barranco, M. Bolíbar.
- The decline in middle-skilled employment in 12 European countries: New evidence for job polarisation, 2019. C. Peugny.
- 20 Years in the world of work: A study of (nonstandard) occupational trajectories and health, 2019. F. Giudici, D. Morselli.
- Trends in kwaliteit van de arbeid van flexibele en vaste werknemers en multi-jobbers, 2019. K. Kraan, S. Verbiest.
- Nationale Enquête Arbeidsomstandigheden 2018, 2019. W.E. Hooftman, G.M.J. Mars, B. Janssen, E.M.M. de Vroome, B.J.M. Janssen, A.J.S.F. Pleijers, M.M.M.J. Ramaekers, S.N.J. van den Bossche.
- Balanceren met detacheren, 2018. J.H. Even.
- Toegang tot leven lang leren versnelt economische groei, 2019. S.J. Cabus.
- Werkloze ouderen weer aan het werk? Het effect van reserveringsloon en zoekintensiteit, 2019. J.D. Vlasblom, J. Schippers.