Behavioural study on the effects of an extension of access to social protection for people in all forms of employment
The perception of the growth and policy relevance of Non-Standard Work (NSW) can be gauged by the exponential growth of the literature dealing with this topic in the past years. NSW has increased in political and societal relevance ever since the second half of the 1990s. National and international level policy makers have liberalised labour markets, reduced passive labour market policies (unemployment benefits) and increased Active Labour Market Policies (ALMPs) aiming at providing employers more flexibility and integrating more people into the labour market. As a result, the literature on the effects of labour market and welfare state institutions on the prevalence of NSW has burgeoned.
Since 2015, the emergence of the new forms of work offered by online labour platforms is fuelling the debate on social protection of precarious workers and ‘bogus self-employment’. This study gathers evidence in support of the European Commission initiative aiming at providing adequate social protection regardless the type of employment contract.
|Author(s)||C. Codagnone, F. Lupiáñez-Villanueva, P. Tornese, G. Gaskell, G. Veltri, J. Vila, Y. Franco, S. Vitiello, A. Theben, P. Ortoleva, V. Cirillo, M. Fana|
|Year of publication||Mar, 2018|
|Publisher||European Commission, Brussels|
|Website / Document||Visit|
- Digital labour platforms in Europe: numbers, profiles, and employment status of platform workers, 2019. C. Urzì Brancati, A. Pesole, E. Fernández-Macías.
- Short-Time Work: a Bridge to Employment Security or a Springboard to Unemployment? 2019. D. Pavlopoulos, K. Chkalova.
- The platformisation of work in Europe: results from research in 13 European countries, 2019. U. Huws, N. Spencer, M. Coates, D. Sverre Syrdal, K. Holts.
- A Longitudinal Analysis of Job Satisfaction During a Recession in the Netherlands, 2019. P. Pilipiec, W. Groot, M. Pavlova.
- People outside the labour market, 2019. Eurostat.
- De arbeidsmarkt naar opleiding en beroep tot 2024, 2019. J. Bakens, I. Bijlsma, S. Dijksman, D. Fouarge, G. de Lombaerde.
- Transities op de arbeidsmarkt en dynamiek van loopbanen, 2019. T. Goesaert, T. Vandekerkhove, L. Struyven.
- Ontslag van de genormaliseerde ambtenaar, 2019. M. Schneider.
- Ontslag op staande voet. Disbalans tussen zorgvuldig onderzoek en onverwijldheid? 2019. A. Bungener, L. Mordaunt.
- Leidraad tariefafspraken zzp’ers, 2019. Autoriteit Consument en Markt.